Digital marketing is a crucial factor when trying to create brand awareness. There is something to be said for traditional methods of course, but a business relying on these exclusively greatly limits its scope. More and more companies are shifting towards marketing their products/services digitally online; the adaptability, measurability and low price of the model has lead some to label it as the most effective method of promotion.
Take Toys ‘R’ Us for example, the former leader of the toy industry was once a household name, but failed to utilise the latest marketing trends. Without a digital presence, their stores were simply out of sight, out of mind, and for many people too inconvenient to travel to. Toys “R” Us is just one of the many companies that did not effectively integrate digital marketing into their business strategy – this was reportedly one of the major contributing factors to their bankruptcy in 2017.
According to the Office of National Statistics, only 9% of UK adults in 2017 had never used the internet, with 99% of adults aged 16-34 all identifying as recent internet users! Tools like Youtube and social media applications can be credited with sharing content amongst millions of people around the world. These people could all be potential customers, and that content could be yours. This highlights the importance of not only implementing a marketing strategy, but continuing to develop it in line with ever changing market trends. Businesses that fail to do so could simply fall at the wayside.
So what benefits can digital marketing bring to your business?
- Global reach – enables you to find new markets and trade globally for only a small investment.
- Lower cost – a properly planned and effectively targeted digital marketing campaign can reach the right customers at a much lower cost than traditional marketing methods.
- Quantitive results – measuring your online marketing with web analytics and other online tools makes it easier to establish how effective your campaign has been. You can obtain a detailed insight into how customers use your website or respond to your campaigns.
- Retention – engaging, personalised interactions with customers on things like social media can build customer loyalty and create a positive reputation.
- Social currency – digital marketing lets you create engaging campaigns using different types of rich media content. These campaigns can quickly go viral by rapidly passing from user to user, reaching a much larger number of potential customers than conventional methods.
- Improved conversion rates – your customers are only ever a few clicks away from completing a purchase. Browsing the internet requires less effort than making a phone call or visiting a store, and someone just surfing the web is much more likely to purchase a service advertised digitally. Digital marketing makes your products more accessible, making it easier to convert potential customers into paying customers.
- Targeted audience – With digital marketing, you can ensure that the right consumers are viewing your content. SEO allows you to reach those consumers who are searching the web for content and topics that are relevant to your business. While pay-per-click, display, and social media advertising enables you to target those who are most likely to be interested in your products or services based on demographic information and general characteristics.
Hopefully by now you have a much better understanding of the benefits that digital marketing can provide, and why digital marketing is so important. Here at Painting Pixels we offer a variety of digital content marketing services to help grow your business. We recognise that digital marketing is most effective when combined with great content for your customers. Whether it is a website, graphics, social media and more, we not only create, but actually manage these on your behalf. We can give your business the direction it needs, whilst also providing the knowledge that your business is in safe hands.
Marketing – “the action or business of promoting and selling products or services, including market research and advertising” – Oxford English Dictionary.